- RC Chippewa is a new late season variety of upland switchgrass with genetics tracing back to Cave-in-rock.
- Very tall height and high yield potential – likely to reach 7′ tall along the I-35 states, and up to a foot taller moving east to Wisconsin and beyond.
- RC Chippewa is very similar genetics to RC Big Rock, but is 4-6″ shorter and about 1 week earlier maturing.
- Genetically improved for fast establishment, upright growth habit and increased height, making it an ideal choice for high quality habitat for deer.
- Provides a better wintering habitat for pheasants and quail than Cave-in-Rock; very good standing switchgrass and resistant to lodging.
- Large seeded variety selected for reduced seed dormancy, increased seed weight and increased seedling vigor.
- Well adapted to drill-seeding. Can be frost seeded, but may be risky on sandy soil.
- Excellent winter hardiness (Zone 4A) for a late season variety
- Like Cave-in-Rock it grows well on diverse soil types and has a wide regional adaptation to states in the mid-west and northeast regions (Wisconsin, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, New York and Pennsylvania).
- A multi-purpose grass variety suited for forage, biomass, soil conservation and wildlife habitat applications.
- Best adapted to regions that receive on average greater than 26″ of average annual precipitation
- For regions that receive 26-30″ consider a blend of RC Tecumseh and RC Chippewa
- For regions that receive more than 30″ use RC Chippewa or RC Big Rock
- For regions that receive less than 26″ use RC Tecumseh
$79.95 per 5 pound bag
Plant 8-10 pounds per acre
There are no reviews yet.